CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY LOANS SMALL BUSINESS GUIDE AND CHECKLIST
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act allocated $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Known as the Paycheck Protection Program, the initiative provides 100% federally guaranteed loans to small businesses who maintain their payroll during this emergency.
Importantly, these loans may be forgiven if borrowers maintain their payrolls during the crisis or restore their payrolls afterward.
The administration soon will release more details including the list of lenders offering loans under the program. In the meantime, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has issued this guide to help small businesses and self-employed individuals prepare to file for a loan.
The Bellevue Harpeth Chamber is here to help you through this incredibly challenging time.
This site is designed to help you take steps to care for your team, create and deploy a contingency plan, and provide resources for business financial relief.
As the situation regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, the Bellevue Harpeth Chamber leadership team is monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak. We are aware of the recently confirmed cases in the region. We encourage anyone who is sick to avoid contact with others and stay home. Thank you for your partnership as we all try to keep our community safe and healthy during this global challenge.
Coronavirus Resources from the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Metro Nashville Public Health COVID-19 Response and Information
State of Tennessee Department of Health Resources
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Resources to Help Your Small Business Survive the Coronavirus
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Resources & Guidelines for Business
SBA DISASTER LOAN ASSISTANCE FOR BUSINESSES, PRIVATE NONPROFITS, HOMEOWNERS AND RENTERS
LOCAL COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES’ PAGES
Sign up to receive email updates from District 22 Council Representative Gloria Hausser – http://eepurl.com/gh_8f1
Sign up for Council Representative Dave Rosenberg’s email updates – https://daveforbellevue.com/
Tennessee Chamber of Commerce & Industry Resources for Businesses & Manufacturers – https://www.tnchamber.org/coronavirus
EDUCATION AT HOME RESOURCES
MNPS Digital Tools & Resources for Students & Families
Helpful resources for providing education at home
Free Virtual Field Trips – https://freedomhomeschooling.com/virtual-field-trips/
Other Helpful Links
- NES Payment Information – https://nespowernews.com/2020/03/16/nes-takes-necessary-precautions-for-covid-19/
- Metro Water Payment Information – https://www.nashville.gov/News-Media/News-Article/ID/9458/Utilities-Offering-Late-Fee-Waivers-Suspensions-of-CutOffs-Financial-Assistance.aspx
- Piedmont Natural Gas – https://news.duke-energy.com/releases/piedmont-natural-gas-bills-to-significantly-decrease-for-tennessee-customers
- Broadband access offers – https://tnecd.com/news/stay-connected-during-quarantine/
- Metro Schools – MNPS Food Delivery Sites Announced- https://news.mnps.org/mnps-food-delivery-sites-announced/
- WeGo Public Transit – https://www.nashvillemta.org/
- Nashville Sheriff’s Office Suspension of Eviction Notices – https://sheriff.nashville.gov/
- U.S. Department of Labor – https://www.dol.gov/coronavirus
- U.S. Small Business Administration (disaster loans) – https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance
- TN Department of Labor & Workforce Resources – https://www.tn.gov/workforce
- Unemployment Resources – https://www.tn.gov/workforce/unemployment/apply-for-benefits.html
- Tennessee Action for Hospitality- https://tnactionforhospitality.com/
- Rally for Restaurants – https://rallyforrestaurants.com/
Support local restaurants by buying gift cards online
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation – https://www.restaurantworkerscf.org
- USBG Bartenders Emergency Assistance Program – https://www.usbgfoundation.org/beap
These businesses are open and hiring for immediate work in the Nashville area.
- Dollar General
- Dollar Tree
- FedEx Express
- The Heritage at Brentwood
- Jimmy John’s
- Papa John’s
- Sprouts Farmers Markets
- State of Tennessee
- U.S. Census 2020
- Walmart/Sam’s Club
Hiring for Deliveries:
Deliveries are increasing and these companies need drivers.
In-home Care Job Boards:
More people are staying at home but still need care.
Browse these job boards for more opportunities in Nashville.
If you recently lost your job due to COVID-19, these articles may help guide you through some resources.
- Lost a job because of COVID-19? Here’s how to get unemployment benefits(Tennessean)
- U.S. Coronavirus Outbreak-Related Job Postings Triple in Last Week(Glassdoor)
- United Way
FOR MORE INFORMATION: